Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Quick Story about my boy...

Ok, so this has nothing to do with Books or Cigars, but I thought I would post today about my little almost 3 year old Ben. He is the joy of my life, and I love that little guy more than anything ever, so I wanted to share a quick story about him.

My Dad has had back problems for more than 34 years, so before I was born he was having issues. Well, he had an operation a couple of weeks ago on his back. My wife was telling Benjamin that Papa (my Dad) was in the hospital and having and operation to fix his back because it was hurt. We live in IL and my parents live in RI, so this was not a situation where we would be able to visit the hospital, so talking about it was the best thing. Well, a little while after the talk with my wife, Ben goes up to her and asks, "Did Papa hurt his back because he played cars on the floor with me?" My wife called me and my heart melted, what a little guy to think about that, and to come up with that all on his own, he's so compassionate. Well, we told him that, no it had nothing to do with him and Papa was hurt before when Daddy was a little boy, and I think that appeased him. Still thinking about it makes me love that little guy, just a bit more.

Well, the surgery went well and we talk to Papa on the phone. Now, every time Ben got on the phone with Papa he'd say "will you play cars with me Papa?" But guess what, after the surgery, Ben has not asked that question once, and I think it is because he still thinks that playing with cars caused Papa to need an operation. I hope that Ben doesn't still think that and I think he knows he did nothing wrong, but I still feel for the little guy, he loves his Papa so much.

Well, that's it about me and my son. I was just thinking about him at work and thought I would share.

Going to be finishing up Woods' "Santa Fe Dead" tonight. Good book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little considerate man. This is the stuff about having kids that makes my heart melt.