Monday, December 1, 2008

Te-Amo International Series and David Baldacci

As part of an Altadis VIP program, I receive samples of some of there cigars each month to try, and this month was the Te-Amo International Selection with a Nicaraguan and Honduran blend sampler. I have never really been a fan of the Te-Amo cigars, and to be honest with you would normally shy away from them, but seeing as the nice folks at Altadis sent these to me, I figured I would give them a shot.

So I started with the one with the Nicaraguan tobacco in it, and found it to be a nice medium body cigar with flavors of spice and a little pepper thrown in for good measure. The stick burned great (Toro size 6 X 54 I think) and really had some wonderful flavors. The ash held well and really it was a well constructed cigar. This is a cigar that I will go out and buy as it was enjoyable.

The Honduran Selection was the next down, and was really Earthy and heavy like most Honduran tobacco. As I like a spicy cigar this was present, but not at the forefront. The main thing with this cigar was its earthy flavors leather and earth. The blend was pleasant and maybe could do with some aging to make this a cigar that is up there with the others. The burn was pretty good, and the ash was strong and dark, like a lot of Honduran smokes.

All in all I was very surprised with these two cigars. The main think is I think that the price point is really good, so pick some up especially the Nicaraguan blend.

Book

I began reading David Baldacci's Divine Justice a follow up to his acclaimed "Stone Cold" where the Camel Club takes on some more of the dangers facing the USA. This book starts off right where the last left off, and I cannot wait to see where it leads. Baldacci is one of my favorite authors and a review of this book will be up in the next few days.

I just finished a non-fiction book about the office of the Michigan Medical Examiners office. I find these books to be fascinating. True crime is always better than fiction as you always find yourself thinking "I cannot believe that someone actually did this" rather than thinking it is just fiction. If you are interested in this type of thing, check out, Skeletons in the closet : stories from the county morgue by Tobin T. Buhk and Stephen D. Cohle.

Until next time my friends! Happy Smoking.

No comments: